Skin is the largest organ of our body and it has numerous pores and hair follicles. Sometimes these pores become large and there are a lot of reasons to justify that. Pores may enlarge due to dirt or dust, due to pollution, aging, excess oil production, sun exposure, for the dead skin cells or because you popped a blackhead or a pimple.
Well, whatever the reason for the enlarged pores is but they make our skin look unattractive. How to prevent these pores from enlarging? Keep your skin clean and clear.
Regular exfoliation and moisturization is the key to healthy and clear skin. You also need to protect it from environmental assault.
Here are +5 Powerful Tips To getting Rid Of Large Pores Naturally N° #3 is important to Know.
#6. Tomato to get rid of large pores on the face
Tomato contains many antioxidants and is antibacterial in nature. It will help in cleansing of the pores and minimize their structure.
How to use tomato to minimize large pores on the face and nose
- Take a fresh and good tomato and extract its juice
- Spread this juice all over your face
- Let it sit for about 20-25 minutes
- Wash off
Use this home remedy to minimize large pores twice or thrice a week.
#5. Steam to minimize large pores on skin
Steam bath opens our pores and takes out all the excess oil and dirt from them. Go for a steam bath once a week and it will help in minimizing your pores. Alternatively, you can also take steam on your face and minimize the pores on it.
How to take steam on the face to minimize large pores
- Take the container off the gas once it started steaming
- Cover the container with a towel to wrap its steam
- After 5 minutes, take the towel off the container and move your face towards it
- Move your face over the steam and take the steam on your face
- Do this for about 10 minutes
- Wash off with tap water to take away all the debris and oil your pores have secreted.
- DO NOT apply any moisturizer for some time.
Steaming is a very effective home remedy to get rid of large pores on the face. Steaming will open the pores and allow it to drain any additional oil and debris from it. This method will not only shrink the pores but will also clear your skin preventing acne or blackheads to occur.
#4. Honey and Lemon
Honey is antibacterial and acts as a good moisturizer to our skin and lemon, on the other hand, is packed with essential Vitamin C and other minerals. It is also antibacterial.
How to use honey and lemon to get rid of large pores from face and nose
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon in a bowl
- Add 1 tbsp of honey and make a paste
- Spread this paste on your face and massage gently for 1-2 minutes
- Let is sit on your face for 20 minutes
- Wash off with tap water
- This home remedy will help in taking out dirt from the pores and minimizing their size
#3. Oatmeal to shrink large pores
Oatmeal is a great exfoliator. It cleanses our face and takes out extra oils. We can use it to minimize the pores.
How to use oatmeal to get rid of large pores
- Take 2 tbsp of oatmeal in a container
- Add some tomato juice or honey to it
- Mix them and make a face pack
- Apply the face pack on your skin for about 25 minutes
- wash off with water
#2. Egg White mask to shrink large pores
Eggs are the greatest source of proteins and amino acids. Egg white mask can help in reducing larger pores on the face. It deeply cleanses our skin.
How to use egg white to minimize large pores on the face
- Take 1 egg and extract the egg white from it
- Add 1 tbsp of yogurt to it
- Mix well and apply the mixture to your face
- Once it dries completely, wash off.
#1. Take Care of your skin
All of the above-stated home remedies will help you in minimizing large pores from skin and nose but if you want to prevent other pores from enlarging then you need to take proper care of your skin and make some healthy changes to lifestyle.
- Regular exfoliation and moisturization is important to keep your skin clean
- Drink about 2-3 liters of water daily.
- Eat right and balanced food. Avoid processed foods and junk foods. Unhealthy oils can clog your pores. Decrease intake of chips, cookies, street foods. Add more veggies and fruits to your diet.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Always wear sunscreen. Sunscreen protects our skin from sun damage. Sun rays contain many harmful rays like UV rays which are responsible for skin damage.
- Pick your skincare products wisely. Make sure the products you are using are “non-comedogenic” which means it won’t clog the pores.
- Exercise daily.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Do not squeeze pimples or blackheads. They will leave the scars and large pore behind.
We hope this article on how to get rid of large pores naturally will help you. Besides using the home remedies also try to adopt the above stated healthy habits to your regime. Your skin will thank you for this.